Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Embracing Change

As of 30 minutes ago, there is only 2 short weeks that seperate me and Haiti! I am so excited to be able to have the opportunity to serve in a country that captured my heart 2 years ago! However, this experience is completely new to me. I trying to figure out things that I will need to survive in a third world country for almost 3 months, making my rounds to family and friends who want to spend time with me before I go, and mentally preparing myself for life outside of this country for period of time that far exceeds my previous 14 day trips.

My mind is not completely focused on my trip yet. Today was full of goodbyes, just for the summer and some of them were for good. Johnson has blessed me with so many amazing people to walk with in my journey in faith, but I can't help but feel sad and angry when they are taken away so quickly. Being away from people such as Gretchen and Kate for 3 months is going to be hard enough! On top of that, I had to say goodbye to one of my best friends in the world, Chanelle, for good. She has big things in store for her, but I am very sad she will not be a part of my life everyday like she has been for the past year. She has truly blessed me on so many levels and she has been a huge source of encouragement for my trip to Haiti! I am so blessed to have such people in my life, and I know that God has a plan for all of these friendships.

Back to Haiti! I feel like the past 3 months have flown by too fast! It shouldn't be time to pack my bags yet or stock up on granola bars... yikes. I am so nervous about the trip. What if I get sick? What if I'm not cut out for long-term missions? Will god be able to use me as an effective loving vessel to the people of Haiti? I desire nothing more than to be that... a loving vessel. After all, the two greatest commandments are love God and love others. If there is a will, there's a way, right? I sure do hope so! All I can do is be available, which I feel like going to Haiti will mean I am available to do His work, and to be obedient. Please pray for my nerves and my willingness to be obedient to anything God wants me to do this summer! Thank you all for your support and love :) Blessings to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment